‘Evidence-based’ means following the research and science of investment theory that’s been proven to work over the long term, and shunning the idea that it’s possible to reliably outguess the markets, or pick active fund managers that can beat their benchmark in the long run.
Over half a trillion US dollars of clients’ money cannot be wrong
- Low cost, index-tracking specialists
- Mostly traditional funds (ie. mutual funds, unit trusts, etc.)
- More than US $600 billion of assets under management
- Headquartered in USA
- 1400 staff in 13 global offices
- Founded 1981
- Numerous Nobel prize winners on staff and advisory board
Numerous luminary academics and thought-leaders in finance have played a part in the creation of Dimensional’s funds. These include:
- Eugene Fama – Nobel Laureate – Consultant to DFA and board director
- Kenneth French – Nobel Laureate – Consultant to DFA and board director
- Robert Merton – Nobel Laureate – Resident Scientist at DFA
- Myron Scholes – Nobel Laureate – Consultant to DFA
Here are some short video clips that demonstrate the world class academic heritage of Dimensional Fund Advisors
A Foundation Built on Great Ideas (2min30s)
Becoming Dimensional (1min20s)
Dimensional Fund Advisors are regularly featured in the financial press, with articles and commentary about them appearing in journals such a Barron’s, Forbes, and the Wall Street Journal.
To find out more about Dimensional Fund Advisors, and why their range of funds has such immense support from the professional financial community, please contact me.
Post a Comment
Roy says: "Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, comment, or continue the conversation!"